BDO is a major publicly-held bank in the Philippines, belonging to the same group that also owns some of the largest real estate companies and mall chains in the country. In this article, we will focus on BDO credit cards and cover the various card types offered, how to check your balance, and how to apply for a BDO credit card.
One of the features of BDO credit cards is the Buy Now Pay Later Program, which allows you to enjoy 0% interest for up to 24 months when you make purchases in over 20,000 stores, whether online or in-store. This flexible financing scheme is available throughout the country and allows you to stretch your cash without incurring any interest charges.
What is the use of BDO credit card?
BDO credit card can be used for worry-free major spending on various items such as gadgets, appliances, furniture, watches, jewelry, and apparel through the Buy Now, Pay Later program. This program allows you to make installment payments in over 20,000 partner stores nationwide, both in-store and online. Additionally, you can use your BDO credit card to pay for medical bills and school tuition on installment as well.
BDO Credit Cards Types
BDO offers a variety of credit card options for its customers to choose from. There are nine different types of BDO credit cards available:
- BDO ShopMore – This card allows you to earn points when you use it for shopping, and you can accumulate points for discounts and freebies from BDO. You get ₱0.50 peso points for every ₱200 you spend, and if you use it with SM Advantage partner establishments, you can earn more points.
- Standard Mastercard – This is a basic card where you earn one point for every ₱50 spent. You can redeem these points for items from the BDO redemption catalogue. It is also a great option for online shopping and installment purchases.
- Forever21 Mastercard – With this card, you get a 10% discount when shopping at Forever21 stores.
- Bench Mastercard – This card offers a 20% discount when you shop at Bench stores, but only on Mondays.
- Installment Card – This card allows you to get a cash advance limit of up to 100% of your credit limit, and you can pay it back through installment plans.
- BDO Gold Credit Card – This is a versatile card that can be used for various purchases, and it comes with a rewards program where you can earn one point for every ₱50 spent.
- Titanium – This high-end card earns one point for every ₱40 spent, and it can be used internationally. It also includes free travel insurance, and you can choose to be billed in dollars instead of pesos.
- Platinum – This card has a higher credit limit and additional perks compared to the Titanium card.
- World Elite – This card is the most exclusive option and is reserved for VIPs. It provides access to exclusive hotel and resort offers.
If you prefer a card other than Mastercard, BDO also offers options such as JCB, UnionPay, Diners Club, VISA, and AMEX, and you can specify your preference when applying for a card.
BDO Credit Card Requirements
To apply for a BDO credit card, you need to meet certain eligibility requirements and prepare specific documents. These include:
- Age: You must be between 21 and 70 years old.
- Citizenship: You must be a Filipino citizen.
- Location: You must live or work near a BDO branch.
- Employment: You must have a job or a business that you can prove.
- Income: You must earn a minimum of ₱120,000 per year if you are an employee and ₱400,000 per year if you are self-employed.
- Landline: You must have a landline phone that the bank can use to contact you.
If you meet these requirements, you must provide proof by submitting an application form, a valid government ID, income tax return documents, payslips (if you are employed), and a registration permit (if you are a business owner). You should prepare photocopies and scanned copies of these documents, as well as 2×2 or 1×1 pictures in case the bank requests them.
How can I get credit card from BDO?
If you are interested in applying for a BDO credit card, here are the five simple steps to follow:
- Step 1: Determine the right card for you based on your spending habits and needs.
- Step 2: Check if you meet the eligibility requirements, such as age, citizenship, location, employment status, and income.
- Step 3: Prepare the necessary documents, including a filled-out application form, valid government ID, proof of income, and other supporting documents.
- Step 4: Apply online by visiting the BDO website or in-person by visiting a BDO branch.
- Step 5: Follow up on your application status and wait for approval.
Once you receive your BDO credit card, make sure to activate it by following the instructions provided in the mail. The mail also contains instructions on how to pay your credit card bills and how to inquire about your account.
If you encounter any issues or concerns, you can call the BDO credit card hotline at (02) 8631-8000.
Is BDO credit card free?
You can find a comprehensive list of BDO’s fees and charges on their official website. Here are some of the important fees to keep in mind:
- Cash advance fee: This fee is either ₱200 or $4, whichever is higher.
- Annual fee: The annual fee for your card will vary depending on the type of card you have, ranging from ₱125 per month to ₱3,000 per year.
- Late payment charge: If you miss a payment, you will be charged 7% of the overdue amount.
It’s important to make sure you have the necessary funds to pay off your debts when borrowing with your BDO credit card. To avoid late fees, it’s also recommended that you learn how to pay your BDO credit card in advance.