The SSS Salary Loan provided by the Social Security System (SSS) in the Philippines offers cash assistance to employed individuals, currently-paying self-employed individuals, and voluntary members. This short-term credit solution is designed to meet immediate financial requirements.
In this article, CashLoanPH will guide you to applying for a salary loan from the Social Security System (SSS) in the Philippines. The SSS salary loan is a cash loan available to qualified employed members and currently-paying voluntary members to help them meet their short-term financial needs.
The article explains the eligibility requirements, loanable amount, interest rate, and application process for the SSS salary loan. It also includes frequently asked questions about the loan, such as how to know your loanable amount and how to check your loan application status
What is SSS Salary Loan?
The SSS Salary Loan is a crucial financial support system provided by the Social Security System (SSS) to eligible employed members and voluntary contributors. This loan is specifically designed to cater to the immediate financial requirements of individuals. It serves as an alternative to high-interest loans or credit cards, offering a more affordable and accessible credit solution.
How to Apply for SSS Salary Loan
Are you wondering if it’s possible to apply for an SSS salary loan online? Absolutely! Employed members can conveniently apply online through the official SSS website. The application process requires certification by the employer. Self-employed and voluntary members have the option to either apply online or visit an SSS branch near their place of residence or business.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you through the online application process:
Step 1: Create a My.SSS Account
To apply for a salary loan online without the need to visit a physical SSS branch, you can utilize the My.SSS portal (https://member.sss.gov.ph/members). If you haven’t registered yet, follow our comprehensive guide on how to register in SSS online. This guide will walk you through the account registration process and provide assistance in filling out the SSS loan form, among other important details.
Step 2: Enroll a Bank Account for Your SSS Salary Loan Disbursement
For instructions on enrolling your bank account, you can refer to the Disbursement Account Enrollment Module tutorial available on YouTube. It will guide you through the necessary steps.
Proof of Account Ownership for Disbursement Account Enrollment Module (DAEM)
To safeguard your My.SSS account from unauthorized transactions and ensure that the loan proceeds are received by the intended SSS member, the SSS now requires applicants to upload proof of account ownership when enrolling a disbursement account.
The following documents can be uploaded for SSS salary loan disbursement through a bank account:
- ATM card that displays the complete account number, account holder’s name, and the issuing bank
- Bank certificate/statement issued after 2019
- Foreign remittance receipt
- Screenshot of the online/mobile banking account
- Validated deposit slip
Note: Proof of account ownership is not required for disbursements through UMID-ATMs, bank accounts transferred from the Sickness and Maternity Benefits Payment Module (SMBPB) to DAEM, and DBP Cash Padala thru M Lhuillier.
Step 3: File Your Salary Loan Application Online
Once you have successfully registered on SSS online and enrolled your disbursement bank account, you can proceed to apply for a salary loan using the following steps:
- Log in to your My.SSS account (https://member.sss.gov.ph/members) and navigate to E-Services > Loans > Apply For Salary Loan. The loanable amount and your local mailing address will be automatically displayed.
- Choose your desired loan amount, and you can opt to borrow an amount lower than what is suggested on the screen.
- Select the disbursement account where you prefer to receive the loan proceeds.
- Carefully read and understand the terms and conditions. Tick the box to agree to the Terms of Service before clicking Proceed.
- View, download, or print the Loan Disclosure Statement, which includes your monthly amortization schedule and loan interest. After reviewing the statement, click Proceed.
- A notification message will appear on the screen, providing details about your SSS salary loan application. Make sure to keep a copy of your transaction number. Alternatively, you can refer to the message sent to your registered email address or access it in the notification inbox of your My.SSS account.
Video: Maaari na kayong mag-apply ng Salary Loan Online! Source: MYSSSPH – Youtube channel
How to Make Online Payment for SSS Salary Loan?
If you’re looking for information on how to pay your SSS salary loan online, the process is similar to paying your SSS contributions. To ensure that your payments are promptly transmitted and validated, you will need the Payment Reference Number (PRN) associated with your loan.
As an individual member, you will receive your SSS loan PRN through email, SMS, or your My.SSS account. Alternatively, you can inquire about your PRN loan by visiting SSS branches or utilizing e-Service Centers.
Once you have obtained your PRN, you can proceed to make the payment through any of the accredited payment channels listed below:
- SSS branches with a Tellering Facility
- RTPL-compliant SSS Collecting Partners (banks and non-banks)
- Local banks (employers can use Bancnet’s e-Gov facility)
- Asia United Bank
- Bank of Commerce
- China Bank Corporation
- CTBC Bank
- MUFG Bank
- Philippine Trust Company
- Philippine Veterans Bank
- Robinsons Bank
- Standard Chartered Bank
- United Coconut Planters Bank
Additionally, you have the option to make short-term loan payments through the following channels:
- Security Bank
- Bayad Center
- SM Mart Inc.
By utilizing these accredited payment channels, you can conveniently pay off your SSS salary loan online.
SSS Salary Loan Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible for an SSS Salary Loan, you must meet the following requirements:
- Employment Status: You must currently be employed, contributing as a self-employed individual, or a voluntary member of the Social Security System (SSS) in the Philippines. This ensures that you have a stable source of income.
- No Disqualification: The member-borrower must not have been disqualified due to any fraudulent activities committed against the SSS. Adhering to ethical practices is vital to maintain eligibility for the loan.
It’s important to note that while these requirements serve as a general guideline, additional criteria may apply based on your specific circumstances or the type of loan you are applying for. It is advisable to consult the SSS website or contact their customer service for more detailed and personalized information on eligibility requirements for salary loans.
Documents Needed for SSS Salary Loan Application
When applying for an SSS Salary Loan, you will need to gather the following essential documents:
- Member Loan Application Form: This form can be obtained from any SSS branch or service office or downloaded from the official SSS website. Ensure that you accurately fill out the form to avoid delays in the application process.
- SSS digitized ID or E-6: This acknowledgment stub is obtained during the application process and serves as proof of your application.
- Two valid IDs: At least one of the IDs should have a recent photograph. Valid IDs may include government-issued identification cards, driver’s licenses, passports, or any other identification document recognized by the SSS.
If you are appointing an authorized representative to apply for the loan on your behalf, they will need to present additional documents, including:
- Duly accomplished Member Loan Application Form on behalf of the member-borrower.
- Letter of Authority signed by the member-borrower, authorizing the representative to act on their behalf.
- Authorized representative’s SSS-issued card or any other valid identification document.
- Any two (2) valid IDs of the authorized representative, ensuring that at least one ID contains a recent photograph.
It’s crucial to remember that original or certified true copies of the supporting documents should be presented during the filing of the claim to ensure the authenticity of the application.
Understanding the loan details is essential to make informed decisions regarding your SSS Salary Loan. Here are some crucial details to consider:
- Loan Amount: A one-month salary loan is equivalent to the average of the member-borrower’s latest posted 12 Monthly Salary Credits (MSCs) or the amount applied for, whichever is lower. This ensures that the loan amount is reasonable and aligns with your income.
- Loan Renewal: Once you have paid at least fifty percent (50%) of the original loan amount and at least fifty percent (50%) of the loan term has lapsed, you are eligible to renew your loan. This feature allows you to manage your finances effectively, providing flexibility in repayment.
- Repayment Terms: The SSS Salary Loan typically offers favorable repayment terms, ensuring that you can repay the loan without undue financial burden. The terms and conditions may vary based on your specific loan agreement.
It is crucial to review and understand the loan details provided by the SSS to ensure responsible borrowing and repayment.
How to check my SSS salary loan application status?
To inquire about the status of your SSS salary loan application, follow these steps:
- Log in to your My.SSS account.
- Check your email or notification inbox for a message regarding the status of your loan application with the SSS.
- If your salary loan is approved, you will receive a text message from the SSS.
Contact Information for Further Assistance
If you require any further assistance or have specific queries regarding your SSS Salary Loan application, you can reach out to SSS through the following email addresses and phone numbers:
- Email Addresses: [email protected], [email protected]
- SSS Trunkline No.: (632) 920-6401
- SSS Call Center: 920-6446 to 55
By following the step-by-step instructions outlined in this guide, understanding the eligibility requirements, gathering the necessary documents, and utilizing the provided contact information for further assistance, you can successfully apply for an SSS Salary Loan and meet your immediate financial needs. The SSS Salary Loan offers a practical solution for individuals seeking reliable and affordable credit options. Remember to exercise responsible borrowing and make timely repayments to maintain a healthy financial status.
Uncertain about whether an SSS salary loan is the ideal choice for your financial needs? Interested in exploring alternative loan options that offer a more streamlined application process and quicker approval time? Discover these below alternatives!
|Personal Loan Provider||Loan Amount||Minimum Annual Income|
|Metrobank||₱20,000 – ₱1 million||₱350,000|
|Citibank||₱20,000 – ₱2 million||₱250,000|
|BPI||₱20,000 – ₱2 million||₱300,000|
|EasyRFC||₱10,000 – ₱150,000||₱120,000|
|Maybank||₱50,000 – ₱1 million||₱300,000|
|RCBC||₱50,000 – ₱1 million||₱360,000|
|SB Finance||₱30,000 – ₱2 million||₱180,000|
|CIMB||₱30,000 – ₱1 million||₱180,000|
|HSBC||₱30,000 – ₱500,000 or 3x gross monthly salary, whichever is lower||₱168,000|
|CTBC||₱20,000 – ₱1 million||₱180,000|